and after the sale!
Sells automobiles by understanding and demonstrating characteristics, capabilities, and features; developing and maintaining a customer base; and working with customers.
Salespeople work full-time positions, often working upwards of 55 hours per week. Salespeople have 2 days off per week (every Sunday and either Tuesday or Wednesday) and may be expected to serve customers anytime during normal operating hours, 8 A.M. to 8 P.M. Monday through Saturday. Salespeople may be requested to stay late based on individual customer's needs. This position is exempt from overtime, but not exempt from minimum wage requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Working with customers
· Provide all customers with the highest level of service possible to meet all their needs, directly business related or otherwise.
· Recommend products to customers, based on customers' needs and interests.
· Answer customers' questions about products, prices, availability, product uses, and credit terms
· Prepare estimates and bids that meet specific customer needs
· Keep records of customer interactions and transactions, record details of inquiries, complaints, and comments, as well as actions taken
Develop and maintain a customer base
· Maintain a positive, ongoing relationship with customers
· Contact regular and prospective customers to demonstrate products, explain product features, and solicit orders
· Consult with clients after sales or contract signings to resolve problems and to provide ongoing support
· Identify prospective customers by using business directories, following leads from existing clients, and attending trade shows and conferences
· Perform administrative duties, such as preparing sales budgets and reports, keeping sales records and filing expense account reports
Understanding characteristics of vehicles
· Estimate or quote prices, credit or contract terms, warranties, and delivery dates
· Monitor product innovations, and competitors' products, prices, and sales
· Maintain Ford certification status
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
Experience: No experience is required
Education: High School Diploma
Certifications / Licensures
· Valid Kansas Driver's License
· Acceptable Motor Vehicle Record as outlined by company policy
· Flexible to change in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
· Proficient in knowledge of basic computer use
Knowledge of customer service principles and practices preferred
· Efficient keyboarding
· Excellent communication skills
· Ability to work well with personnel and vendors
· Ability to resolve problems
· Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience
· Ability to prioritize and organize-time management skills
Work Environment & Physical Requirements
· Occasional operation of motor vehicle
· Rare on bending, squatting, and reaching
· Occasional use of hand dexterity (keyboard, mouse)
· Constant seeing and hearing
· Constant use of written, speaking and reading skills
· Occasional working as part of a group
· Occasional loud noise, fumes, and odors
· Frequent outdoor work environment (including wet conditions and variation in temperature)
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is related or a logical assignment to the position.
Mel Hambelton Ford Inc